Friday, February 4, 2011

I KNOW (beyond the shadow of a doubt) That THIS [Here] Means Something

I believe that this post goes far back to the seventh blog post that our Philosophy class was assigned. With this title, I can raise the same question: How Do I Know What I Know? Is there really ANY way that you know that you know something? Is there any way that you know what you see or what you hear has some meaning? Things that you see or hear usually do indeed have meaning. If they didn't, what would be the individual's point in displaying or expressing whatever they expressed?

When I display or express something, I try to make the meaning known in some shape form or fashion. Usually, unless someone makes things blatant, the meaning can be taken several different ways. I enjoy expressing things that can in fact have multiple reasons, but it can confuse people at times and cause them to debate the subject, but I really don't mind.

So, back to the topic. There are some things that you can know, without a shadow of a doubt, they mean something. For instance, there are some things that are just significant. The words that we speak have meaning, and each word has their own power over individuals. For instance, the N Word is a (widely used) word that has a lot of meaning. It has meaning simply because we give it meaning. With this statement, I have come to realize how you KNOW that something has meaning.

How do you know something has meaning? When someone GIVES something meaning, then you know for sure it has meaning. Even if it wasn't originally intended to have meaning, a person can come behind it and give it meaning for themselves and others. If it isn't created to have meaning, it will probably still have meaning to some one person out there. In the end, what makes something have meaning is simply the people judging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment