Friday, February 11, 2011

Music Makes me LOSE Control!

I really enjoy calming music, but at the same time I love crazy, wild, head banger music. I'm sure I know of artists that many people have not heard and probably wouldn't even like. Those include: Dir En Grey, L'Arc~En~Ciel, Ayumi Hamasaki, Gackt, and a few others. I enjoy listening to Dir En Grey, although a lot of their music is metal. I enjoy listening to L'Arc-En-Ciel simply because they play their instruments very well and they have very smooth voices. Everything falls into play, although I don't know what they're saying... Sticking to artists that are more mainstream, I really enjoy Coldplay and KiD CuDi.

My mild obsession with Coldplay began about, three to four years ago. I was in eighth grade or either a freshman. I began to listen to them and I realized that they were a transition from the old music I'd previously been exposed to. They were another calming band, just like some of the afore mentioned Japanese rock groups, but they were people that I could actually understand. I first started listening to their first album, which is titled Parachutes. I fell in love with this album and I quickly began to listen to other albums of theirs.


Over the summer of 2010, I listend to Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon album almost every day that I went to my tennis camp. I would listen to the songs because they helped me to relax, and they of course had a good rhythm. I loved the songs, and I still currently love them. I enjoy listening to this first Man on the Moon album compared to the most recent one. I believe that Kid Cudi is a pretty good artist that creates songs and lyrics that depict his life and the lives of many others. I think his work definitely deserves some type of credit, for it is good in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment