Friday, April 8, 2011

Invisible

Invisibility is a problem that many of us have. The Invisible Man tells the story of a boy growing into a man that realizes that he is invisible. I believe that in this world, any individual person is invisible.A person or idea isn't really recognized until they gather attention and in a way, become BIG. I think, in the big picture, I am also invisible in this world. Invisibility is a tough topic. I can say that what I do doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things, I'll still be unnoticed, but that is not always the case.

In this world, if I plan to succeed, I have to at least be visible in a small way. Meaning, I have to be visible to some of the more important people, people that have climbed up in rank in society. If I don't, I'll be invisible in this world, in a way. If I don't climb up in ranks and I just become a regular worker, one that helps to do the menial tasks that no one really wants to do, I will still be visible. This is simply because I am black, and instead of being just a worker, I will become a statistic.

There seem to be many individuals in this world that have become invisible. This is beyond unfortunate because some of the invisible people have some of the best ideas and opinions on certain topics. I have felt invisible at times, whether it was at school or at home or elsewhere. I don't think that being invisible is a great idea because one person can not run this world alone. We all have to join together to do better for society. This can only be done with a g large amount of visible people, and I plan to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment