Friday, April 1, 2011

A BOOK to Read

Reading... It's one of those things that's fundamental. You learn to read at a very young age, because our society is shaped around reading. Just because you learn to read at such a young age does NOT mean that you'll necessarily enjoy it. I am one of those individuals that didn't really like to read. I still don't like to read a lot, unless it's something that really catches my attention. I enjoy reading books that really take my mind away from my environment and put me into a different world. Many books that I read are actually assigned to me, but I enjoy reading when I have the time.

I have many books that I plan to read. I also have a few books that I'd suggest others to read. I am not sure which of these two topics are supposed to be discussed, so I will talk about both. I recently went to the book store and purchased a book. I have not yet began to read this book, but it definitely seems interesting. I hope that it is able to hold my attention. The book is on the origins and beginning of religion. The book talks about how religion began and I suppose, why it is so popular. The book is entitled "The Gret Transformation: The beginning of our Religious Traditions." I am a slightly religious individual, and I felt that this book would expand my knowledge on the entire subject and open my mind to other religions. I guess when I read it and find out what it's really about, I can give a more complete synopsis.

I was recently caught in Barnes and Noble by a young man that is known around the City of Chicago for his poetry. He saw that I was currently reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X and exclaimed "That there, is a very good book! Everyone should get a chance to read that." I could not agree more. I have read the majority of the book and I feel that it really opens the unknowing readers eyes to what truly happened in Malcolm's lifetime and his many struggles and accomplishments. I would definitely suggest this book to anyone! So, if you have not read it, you should most definitely take a long look.

No comments:

Post a Comment